Speech Therapist / $55 HR/Clinical fellow up to $45 HR and recent graduate considered/ Immediate employment
New York NY 10032
- Assist in developing speech and language skills to improve the personal, social and academic development of students.
- Provide direction instruction to students in both in and out of the classroom around learning strategies and skills development in areas of socially reasonable language skills, comprehension and communication.
- Identify appropriate assessment tools and evaluate students with respect to their social and developmental needs
- Work with students in the classroom in support of the teacher’s lessons by providing one-on-one reinforcement and support.
- Work one-on-one with students to reinforce learning and teaching of academic strategies
- Serve as a positive, nurturing guide for students
- Model professional standards when dealing with students, staff, and community, following and upholding school rules and standards
- Participate in planning sessions with the team and in professional development
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with students and staff to enhance the instructional environment.
Experience and Philosophy
- Master’s degree or equivalent education in speech-language pathology
- New York State Speech-Language Pathologist License; New York State Education Department certification
- Passionate, dedicated, and understanding of Winston Prep/Winston Transitions' mission of true individualization
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and dedication to the school philosophy
- Self-reflective and motivated to grow as a professional
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Willingness to be a team player and contribute to the continued development of the program
- Flexible and show initiative to create workplace tasks and routine
- Strong communication and writing skills